Cancer Massage Course in Truro Cornwall 20th April 2020
One-day Cancer Massage Courses in Truro Cornwall
I will be running a new “Massage in Cancer” training day in Truro on April the 20th.
This course allows therapists to safely and confidently treat clients who have a history of who are experiencing cancer.
The Cancer Massage Course covers theory and practical considerations of offering oncology massage therapies to clients who have either experienced or are in treatment for cancer.
The one-day Cancer Massage Course, in collaboration with the Amethyst Trust, covers:
- Dispelling the myths around massaging clients who have either experienced or are in treatment for cancer
- The benefits of massage therapy for clients with cancer
- Extending consultation skills to ensure safe treatment planning, appropriate contraindications of the specified treatments
- Traditional massage; considerations and adaptations – practical and theory knowledge over and above the normal massage qualification specifications
- Practical massage applications
- Introduction to the Hydrotherm Massage System
- Exceptional standards on client care and communications
- Medical terminology
- Commercialism and professionalism
- Reflective practice
- Insurance requirements
- The next steps – should you want to progress further
- Assessment Methods
The tutor will continuously assess the students by during the practical training to ensure
- health and safety,
- managing client’s expectations,
- the adaptation of massage techniques
- and aftercare.
A short written assessment will also be undertaken.
Cancer Massage Course Pre-Requisite Requirements
Level 3 in Body Massage or equivalent. If you are not sure that you have the necessary prerequisite then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for confirmation
You need to show your qualification certificates on the day.
Duration of the Cancer Massage Course
One day. Students studying this course can choose to go on to further study.
Cancer Massage Course Fees
For further information on current course fees and to book please contact Niki at Hydrotherm on 01296 714254 or email Niki@hydrotherm.co.uk
Or visit Hydrotherms website here
Find here more information on training course dates for the Massage Therapy Courses in London.
Yesterday I did the massage for cancer training with Debbie Slater .. I learnt so much and would advise anyone to do this course if you want to understand more about this disease as well as having an insight into what your clients may be experiencing Just think of all of your clients who CAN have massage !!! Excellent tutor, clear , concise and a lovely warm personality ?
It was a great course and has put me at ease about doing massage on people with cancer. Debbie has been a great tutor. November 2018.
A good comprehensive course with relevant information, would definitely recommend this course. November 2018