The Amethyst Trust Cancer Massage Course allows therapists to safely and confidently treat clients who have a history of who are experiencing cancer.
The Cancer Massage Course is available in Richmond, London and in Truro for qualified massage professionals. It covers theory and practical considerations of offering oncology massage therapies to clients who have either experienced or are in treatment for cancer.
The one day Amethyst Trust Cancer Massage Course covers:
- Dispelling the myths around massaging clients who have either experience or are in treatment for cancer
- The benefits of massage therapy for clients with cancer
- Extending consultation skills to ensure safe treatment planning, appropriate contraindications of the specified treatments
- Traditional massage; considerations and adaptations – practical and theory knowledge over and above the normal massage qualification specifications
- Practical massage applications
- Introduction to the Hydrotherm Massage System
- Exceptional standards on client care and communications
- Medical terminology
- Commercialism and professionalism
- Reflective practice
- Insurance requirements
- The next steps – should you want to progress further
- Assessment Methods
The tutor will continuously assess the students by during the practical training to ensure
- health and safety,
- managing client’s expectations,
- the adaptation of massage techniques
- and aftercare.
A short written assessment will also be undertaken.
Cancer Massage Course Pre-Requisite Requirements
Level 3 in Body Massage or equivalent. If you are not sure that you have the necessary prerequisite then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for confirmation
You need to show your qualification certificates on the day.
Duration of the Cancer Massage Course
One day. Students studying this course can choose to go on to further study.
Cancer Massage Course Fees
All training and course materials:
- Individual therapist £258*
- 2-6 therapists from the same business £192* each
- 6-10 therapists from the same business £172.80* each
- 10+ therapists from the same business £162* each
- For larger groups and colleges please email email@example.com. Email them if you would like the Amethyst Trust to train your staff onsite, too.
*Please note all course fees include VAT and the Amethyst Trust deducts a £30 donation. Terms and conditions apply.
Please contact Debbie or the Amethyst Trust for more information